666 total views, 2 watching now
The Road To West-Africa’s First Grand Master:
A WORLD CLASS COACH
The Road that leads to the achievement of the #GoForAWest-AfricaChessGrandMaster Initiative goal is arduous. However, we believe it can be achieved through intense training and support, GRANDMASTER (GM) IVAN SOKOLOV has been approached to help us.
GM Ivan Sokolov
The Road that leads to the achievement of the #GoForAWestAfricaChessGrandMaster Initiative goal is arduous. However, we believe it can be achieved through intense training and support, GRANDMASTER (GM) IVAN SOKOLOV has been approached to help us.
GM Ivan Sokolov is a Fide Senior Trainer and the author of eleven (11) chess books from 2009 until 2018, and was the winner of FIDE Boleslavsky award for best chess book in 2018 with his book – Chigorin Bible. He currently works as the head coach of Iran where he has helped develop young Iranian talents (GM Maghsoodloo Parham, GM Firouzja Alireza, GM Tabatabaei Mamin and IM (WGM) Khademalsharieh Sarasadat), leading them to win the Asian Continental Team Gold in all three categories (classical, rapid and blitz) in 2018.
If we truly care about the development of the future of chess in Nigeria, this is the guy to change the fate of Nigerian Chess and help us achieve the Grandmaster Title that has so far eluded our players.
There Are So Many Ways to Lend a Helping Hand
West You can support this Initiative by:
- Sponsoring one player to the African individual Chess championship
- Sponsor the #GoForGM coaching session by Grand Master Ivan Solokov.
- Sponsor professional fees for online coaching through Skype (100 Euro per hour).
- Sponsor Professional fees for face to face coaching camp (300 Euro per day)
- Paying Flight ticket for our foreign coach to visit various west African countries to organize a seven to ten-day coaching camp once in every quarter for the next 5 Quarters (example- return flight ticket- Amsterdam to Lome, Amsterdam to Accra or Amsterdam to Freetown).
- Paying the GM’s Hotel accommodation for every visit to any of the West African countries.
- Paying the Return flight ticket and accommodation for our young lads to participate in at least three high-quality chess tournament outside the West Africa region to enable them to get exposure withing the next three years
- Sponsoring General logistics.
Abdulrahman Akintoye AbdulRaheem
Currently under the tutelage of Nigeria’s second-highest rated Chess player Kigigha Bomo.
Make a Donation Today
Giving By Check
Kindly issue check in favor of The Go for a Nigerian Grandmaster initiative program. contact us through any of the mediums listed on our contact page and we will pick it up
How Donations Are Used
Flight ticket (Return) – N276,000
Accommodation -N28,000 a night
(De Rembrandt Hotel, 4-star) x11 Nights =N308,000
Professional fees – (€300 daily x 10 days = €3,000)
Online lectures/training fees –
(€100 for 1hr daily x 60 hours per quarter =€4,500)
25% discount is available if we do 20hours every month